Improving mental health and wellbeing through diversity and inclusion
The Workplace Diversity Project aims to support businesses to create environments that embrace diversity and inclusion through their recruitment, employee support, and workplace practices. The pilot will take place within the automotive and aftermarket parts sector in Victoria.
Through the project, Tradeswomen Australia will educate supervisors on the benefits of diversity in their workforce and measure the positive impact of diversity on culture.
The project will align with work-related factors that influence mental health in the workplace and include:
- focus groups to look at the barriers for diversity
- development of a workplace review (internal audit) on a range of diversity measures
- development of resources that can be implemented in the workplace to support increasing diversity
- implementation of supervisor coaching on change management, unconscious bias and diversity, and
- ongoing culture testing of workplaces– Pre and post-testing of Workplace Wellness Insights
The project will be evaluated throughout the two year program to test if an increase in diversity and inclusion creates improved mental health for all employees.
An online tool helping you take your first steps toward a positive, mentally healthy workplace. The toolkit brings together resources and ideas that have worked for businesses like yours.